Today security cameras are an indispensable part of quality home protection as well as the office workplace and business premises. There’s little doubt about their superiority over other types of security systems such as motion detectors, complicated alarm systems as well as providing additional benefits of its own to the security environment of any premise. Wireless security cameras represent best value for you wealth and you only need to install several in strategic places to get premium security for your investment.
But of course the million dollar question is, how do these wireless cameras work? The answers are given below:
- Wireless security cameras are capable of transmitting a video signal to a receiver embedded in a TV, computer, VCR and in fact any other video equipment.
- The range of the transmitter is a determinant factor in the price of a particular wireless camera system.
- Different models are able to operate almost from any location from a mere couple hundred feet to 10 miles upwards.
- They are capable of penetrating practically every type of solid material
- All video films taken are recorded can be viewed live on video
- The placement of multiple cameras at strategic places in and around your house provides the best security precaution for your home.
- All susceptible access points should be armed with a camera not forgetting the pool area, gardens and playing areas.
There are many reasons why wireless security cameras are deployed as they are in and around homes but the main benefits are:
- Without cumbersome wiring attached, wireless cameras can be positioned almost anywhere they are needed.
- Affordable and very simple to install
- They are the perfect systems that facilitate the use of hidden security cameras that are difficult to spot within a given landscape.
- Sometimes visible cameras may ward off a burglar but otherwise, their visibility may enable a burglar to avoid them or attempt to disable them.
Praising the wireless security camera such as the CCTV surveillance system for their excellence is not hard to do as they are at the apex of the security pyramid right now with many other products also vying for the top spot. But despite everything that is good about wireless security cameras, there is one major flaw. Batteries for these wonder security cameras need to be recharged every 4 to 8 hours after being used.
Other uses to which wireless security cameras can be put include the monitoring of children while they pass the time playing close to the pool, up in the tree house or other playing areas. Pets can be monitored to make sure they don’t wander off and trample the flower bed or disturb other pets or neighbours. But if you really want to enjoy a hands-on experience while you are half way round the world, then think of installing a remote monitoring system.